Since GTA V’s release in 2013 a plethora of hundreds of mods were created to support the game. The mod community is among the most dedicated gamers and this is true for the latest Rockstar Games creation. However, when you consider that GTA V is the studio’s most successful game to date, it’s easy to understand that GTA V would have the most mod-friendly support.
The main issue that many players face with mods is understanding how to install and download them to ensure they can function within the game. This can be difficult for players who may not be tech-savvy. Additionally, there’s the problem of figuring out what modifications to download in 2022 nearly year after GTA V initially launched. Below, players will be able to see the exact steps to download mods within GTA V and which ones they should be considering installing first.
Mods to download in GTA V
Before players know the mods to install, they should be aware of the best way to download the mods. It is important to note that players are only able to use mods for single-player play, as Rockstar Games had forbidden the use mods in GTA Online. If players try to join GTA Online with mods enabled the game will be banned.
There are a variety of steps involved in download mods for GTA V. The first step is outlined below.
- Go to OpenIV.com and press the Download Now green button on the homepage.
- Start the download on your browser, and then follow the installation instructions the application provides.
- Once the installation process is completed, launch OpenIV, and choose Windows in the Grand Theft Auto V box
- Enter the file path for the game directory of GTA V (should look like C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\)
- Press Continue and then click the Tools box at the taskbar at the top of OpenIV
- Choose ASI Manager, and then install ASI Loader as well as OpenIV.ASI. Choose Yes when asked.
What this procedure provides is the ability where they can download, and then manage GTA V mods. Users can access the OpenIV application at any time to review how their mods are doing and uninstall them, or alter their settings. The next step in the process is to locate physical mods that can be downloaded.
- Go to best-modding.com
- Select a mod you want to download. You can choose a specific category of mods in the top menu bar of the site, and then sort by latest to the most popular mods in that category.
- Once a mode is selected then click on its box, and then click the green Download button.
- Some mods will download the .rar extension file into your internet browser. Other mods will direct you to an Github page that contains the latest version of the mod to download the file.
- If mods download as .rar file, you’ll require a different program for opening it for instance, 7-Zip File Management, which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store
- When your .rar files are opened you’ll likely find a ReadMe file which can be opened using Notepad. It will provide you with instructions for downloading the mod fully. the mod
- If the mod is available on an Github page and you want to download the latest version, then download it. The mod will be downloaded as a zipped archive, that you have to extract to another folder on your PC.
- Once the files have been extracted After the files have been extracted, copy then paste them in the Mods folder in the computer’s GTA V game directory. This is the exact directory you have entered into the path to the files for the OpenIV application.
- Start GTA V once you’ve copied and pasted the contents of your file to your GTA V directory or followed the instructions to open the .rar file
This process is not limited to the general mods available for download, there are mods that utilize scripts. This requires a second mod, called Script Hook for it to function.
- Download Community Script Hook V .NET, by Alexander Blade
- Download the zip file and then extract the contents to another file on your computer.
- Cut and copy the contents of the file to the directory for games of GTA V, but don’t put them in a specific folder.
- Create a brand new folder in the game directory
- Visit best-modding.com and choose the script mod you want to download (these are typically identified with .net)
- Start the zipped mod file to extract its contents again.
- The contents should be copied and pasted into the newly created folder in your GTA V directory.
- Start GTA V and make sure to follow the guidelines for the mod’s use from the mod’s creator. The instructions is at the best-modding.com page about the mod
After all these steps are complete After that, players are able to use mods at their own discretion within GTA V.
The best mods in GTA V
If you are looking for mods to download, the options could seem overwhelming. There are many types of categories, and thousands of different mods available to choose from within these categories. Each player’s preferences regarding their experience with mods are going to differ, we’ve put together an unofficial list of the top GTA V mods as of 2022.
1. GTA 5 Car Pack:
This pack includes 200 cool cars, as well as advanced contemporary vehicles. It is the most impressive GTA five car pack to date. With realistic, real-life vehicles. It is likely to be the most fashionable GTA car mods that include interactive fun and expressive stories mode cars. It could make lots of GTA enthusiasts happy, so try it. This is likely to be the best option for you.
The players are able to download GTA 5 realistic car pack from best-modding.com.
2. GTA 5 Biggest Replacement Car Pack:
There are 220+ GTA 5 Cars (Biggest Replacement Car Pack) that appears in traffic. Selected by me a lot of them are optimized for texture. Many models have been edited. They include Modern and Luxury, Sports and The Super Fastest Cars in GTA 5… It’s an awesome GTA 5 car pack mod and you must try it.
Users can obtain this biggest replacement GTA 5 car pack via best-modding.com.
3. CooooL GTA 5 Graphics Mod:
The GTA 5 Graphics Mod is ideal for players who want to have better graphically on GTA 5 despite having low-end PCs. This is the preferred option for most gamers because the improved visuals graphics provided by this mod are the most realistic. I would suggest downloading the mod (Full Download Free).
The players are able to download Cooool GTA 5 graphics mod from best-modding.com.
4. GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 – GTA 5 Mod:
GTA Vice City Remastered Map 2.0 This is a complete version from Vice Cry for GTA 5 and is available as a DLC and featuring several new details that give the ultimate Vice City experience. One of the top textures of high-quality GTA 5 map mods. Therefore, I recommend you consider it as it will give players the best experience GTA Vice City. It comes with top graphics and a remastered map.
The players can get GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 GTA Vice City remastered map 2.0 via best-modding.com.
5. The Biggest GTA 5 Garage – Near Michael’s House:
This is the Biggest GTA 5 Garage – near Michael’s house: This is the right place for you, as it’s the sole GTA 5 Garage that will provide additional locations that include motorbikes, cars, planes, helicopters, and even jetpack, an oppressor. That’s crazy enough that you need to set it up now to arrange your collection of vehicles without ever leaving Michael’s house.
Gamer’s are able to download GTA 5’s biggest GTA 5 garage via best-modding.com.